Privacy & Data Protection
A number of pages throughout this site invite users to complete forms including their personal details. There is no requirement to fill in these forms in order to view general material on this site. If do you wish to complete a form with your details in order to request a service or log a comment or complaint, you should note the following:
NHS Dudley has a secure server facility to protect your details from third parties when you send them over the Internet. Pages protected by this facility have a URL (web address) starting with https: rather than http: and a padlock or key image can be seen at the bottom of most modern browsers.
Information submitted to NHS Dudley via this web site will be used solely for the purpose for which it is collected, and will not be passed on to other areas of Trusts within the NHS Dudley, nor to any other organisation outside this Community, without your explicit permission. The purpose for which the information is collected will be made clear.
We have implemented security procedures and technical measures to protect any personal data which is kept by NHS Dudley from
- Unauthorised access.
- Improper use or disclosure.
- Unauthorised modification.
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
NHS Dudley employees who have access to personal data are obliged to respect confidentiality, they are bound by confidentiality contract clauses and the duties of common law.
NHS Dudley abides by the Data Protection Act of 1998 in the holding and processing of your personal data. The Information Governanace and Records Manager is happy to answer any enquiries and may be contacted on email@example.com
If you are using a public computer and do not wish others to be able to go back to view the details you have typed into a form on the web it is advisable to clear the contents of the form and your cache (temporary internet files) before leaving the computer.
Some information is collected automatically by the web server and is used by NHS Dudley, in aggregate form, for statistical analysis of visits to the site. If you have concerns or questions about this, you can contact Web Services Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on Data Protection issues can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
Cookies are small pieces of information which are placed on your device. This information is used to ensure that the services we provide are as easy to use as possible. The cookies used by Dudley IT Services when developing websites are used to set preferences so that each time you visit one of our sites your settings are retained.
Dudley IT Services also make use of third party cookies which give extended functionality to the services which can be accessed from our websites. Further information on third party cookies can be found below.
As an example; cookies are used, if you have visited one of our sites before, to :
- Store your preferred text size and background colour following NHS accessibility guidelines
- To analyse how many people visit our sites
- To use third party services to improve your experience and interaction with our sites
Cookies do not contain any form of information which can be used for identification purposes.
Dudley IT Services use two types of cookie:
First party cookies
These are cookies created by Dudley IT Services and are fully within our control
- NHS Dudley – Only Session cookies used, does not store any information, just a unique session id which is only valid for that browser session.
- Dudley Community Services – Only Session cookies used, does not store any information, just a unique session id which is only valid for that browser session.
- Your NHS Dudley – Cookies are stored for a year on this site if users logon to the forums. If they choose to remember their logon a 2nd cookie is stored for a year with the encrypted user details. The site also uses session cookies which are only valid for that browser session.
- Ageing Well Dudley Website - www.dudley.nhs.uk/AgeingWell - Only Session cookies used, does not store any information, just a unique session id which is only valid for that browser session.
- Maternity Services Liaison Committee Website – www.dudley.nhs.uk/Maternity Only Session cookies used, does not store any information, just a unique session id which is only valid for that browser session.
- All GP Practice Websites built in Word Press for Dudley and Wolverhampton Practices – Font size personalisation info stored in cookie for 365 days.
Third party cookies
These are cookies which may be issued by other websites or services and are not within the control of Dudley IT Services
- Think Pharmacy – www.thinkpharmacy.info - Cookies used by Google Analytics and YouTube (expires from 6 months to 10 years)
- Moss Grove Surgery - Kingswinford Website – www.mossgrovesurgery.co.uk - Google Analytics (5 months to 2 years)
- Moss Grove Surgery - Kinver Website – www.mossgrovesurgery.co.uk – Google Analytics (5 months to 2 years)
All links from this website are selected using our links policy. Links are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for the sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.
You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. The pages must load into the users entire window. You must not use the NHS logo to link to our site without prior permission.
This website is committed to the highest standards of information quality. Every effort is taken to ensure that the information contained in this website is both accurate and complete. However, the NHS Dudley gives no warranty, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information on this website and accepts no liability for any loss or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information.
In no way should any of the information found here be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified doctor or other health care professional.
We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to this website, or the sites to which it links. We accept no responsibility for any damages arising from the loss of use of this information.
The names, images and logos identifying NHS Dudley are the proprietary marks of the NHS. Copying our logos and any other third party logos accessed via this website is not permitted without the prior approval of the relevant copyright owner.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus programme on all material downloaded from the internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system that may occur while using material derived from this website.